Monday, January 18, 2010

Sixty Days And Counting...

In exactly 60 days, myself and two friends will run our first 5K.

Today, I increased to 4 minutes running, 1 minute walking. It didn't go that well. From an endurance standpoint, it felt great. I did 4 minutes without even coming close to feeling winded. During the second 4 minutes, my left shin started burning then cramping (yes, again). I tried to walk it out but it didn't really work.

I went to my weight lifting class, and afterwards, finished up the remaining 10 minutes. I felt a lot more out of breath than the first few sets.

From an endurance standpoint, I think my 3-day rest did some good. Regarding my shin cramp, I think it's time for new sneaks.

Net Carbs: 30 grams
Weight: -5 lbs. (We're back to checking again!)
Workout: Run/Walk drills as above; Group Power Class (weight lifting) for 1 hour.
Mileage: 1.57 miles + 0.84 miles = 2.41 miles in 30 minutes

Thanks to Barby for the sports bra suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment