Friday, January 8, 2010

Humbling workout


So I figured out why my run-walk drills have felt so easy... I haven't been running very fast!

I've probably been on a treadmill five times in my whole life. Needless to say, I don't know anything about treadmills.

So, I have been setting my walking speed at 2.8 and running at 4.5. Apparently, (based on last night's google search) that's pretty darn slow. Today, I walked at 3.5 and set my running speed at 6, which is 10 minutes per mile. Whew! At about 10 minutes, I wanted to give up, but I pushed through and thankfully got my second wind.

I definitely see how much work I have to do between now and race day.

Today was my longest gym day: 30 minutes of core strength class, 60 minutes of muscle strengthening class, 30 minutes of treadmill work. As a treat, I took my time afterwards stretching in the sauna... and later soaking in a Eucalyptus bath soak for sore muscles back at home.


Net carbs: 38 grams
Weight: -3 lbs
8-Week 5K Plan: Run-walk drills on the treadmill for 30 minutes (2.08 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment