Saturday, January 23, 2010

My (free) Atkins Quick-Start Kit


I signed up for the free Atkins Quick-Start Kit during week 1 and the kit came this week!

This isn't the first time I've done Atkins, but I thought it would be cool to see what this kit was all about. Plus, I tried a couple of Atkins bars 5 years ago, didn't like the flavors and have never looked back. So this was my chance to try them again without wasting my money (I do love the South Beach Diet bars, which also have comparable Net Carbs).

The kit came with 3 bars, a pocket-sized carb counter book that lists the number of carbs in most foods, and a quick-start guide. I tried two of the bars -- Chocolate Oatmeal Fiber Bar and Chocolate Caramel Mousse Bar and they were delicious! Maybe they've stepped up their game since 5 years ago. I'm willing to give them a try again now.

I am, however, leaving the third bar - the Sweet and Salty Almond Crunch Bar - for hubby to try. I'm not so sure about that combo and I'm not that brave.

If you're interested in low-carb, check out Atkins' interactive tools and sign up for your free kit.


Days 'Til 5K: 55
Workout: Off day

No comments:

Post a Comment