Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gluts... Ankles... and a Great Workout Day


My gluts were so sore today thanks to Billy Blanks. I'm somewhat ashamed that a man on my computer screen worked my tush harder than it's been worked in the past few weeks.

The ankle performed well today. I barely remembered I "injured" it. I actually twisted my ankle a little yesterday running after my kiddo in the snow. Maybe I twisted it back into place, because it feels excellent today.

I ran intervals again today on the treadmill. Since I've been feeling so good lately running at 5.2mph (11:30/mile), I decided to crank it up to 5.4. Just like Monday, I felt a burst of energy at the end and decided not to stop at 30 minutes. I kept going until I hit 3.1 miles (or 5K... for the first time!) and ran it in 35 minutes including a 1-minute walking break. According to dailymile, today was my fastest pace - 11:17/mile.

Then, I went to weight lifting class where I went 5 pounds heavier than my usual on chest, back and squats, and even though it burned, I could finish all of the reps.

Overall, a great workout day. Who would have known that I had to sweet talk myself into going to the gym in the first place? Fortunately for me, reruns of my two favorite TV shows were playing on my treadmill's TV during my run: Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Definitely made 30 minutes feel like 5.

Now, I'm typing to you guys from my nightly 106-degree Eucalyptus Aches & Pains bath soak (yes, I measured!) which I soooo deserve. Good night!

Net Carbs: 39 grams
Workout: Running and 1 hour of weight lifting
Days Til 5K: 36

1 comment:

  1. Great workout and your bath soak sounds awesome! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete