Saturday, July 17, 2010

9 Days 'Til 30... Time with the Munchkin

**Now that my countdown to 30 has officially begun, I've decided to do something extra special every day until I turn 30.**

We're in single digits now, people! The big 3-0 is getting closer and closer.

Today's special something was surprising my kiddo, who didn't know I was coming to NJ and spending 5 hours with him before having to drive back to CT for work.

Him on his scooter and the slide at Liberty State Park in 90-degree weather even at 9 in the morning!



Me sweating and donning the new 'do:
We finished off the day at IHOP and brought my mom along -- the same IHOP I worked at during my summer between freshman and sophomore years ('98), that Christmas break ('98) and the following summer ('99). I really enjoyed waitressing and racking up on tips. I was pretty good at it, plus I got to talk to different people all the time. It was fun.

Oddly enough, the same people own and manage it and some of the same waitresses are there. It's a head trip to take the flash to the past when I go there 12 years later, and bring my 5-year-old son with me? Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment