Sunday, July 25, 2010

1 Day 'Til 30... And we're delayed

**Now that my countdown to 30 has officially begun, I've decided to do something extra special every day until I turn 30.**

July 25th was a long day. Shonda and I woke up to room service breakfast. We packed, dilly-dallied, then spent the hours before her flight poolside yet again, reflecting on life while intermittently reading our books (Her: Lipstick Jungle. Me: Heart of the Matter).

She left at 1:30pm for her 4:30 flight. I got picked up a little later at 3:45pm for a 7 o'clock flight. So, the shuttle drops me and the other 7 o'clockers all going back to Jersey off a little past 4. Well, guess what? The flight was delayed. First to 7:50, then to 9:20, then to 9:40. We took off at 10pm.

Let's do the math. Not only were we originally 3 hours early for our flight, but then we ended up spending a total of 6 hours in Cancun's airport -- hours that could have been spent on the beach. And it was freezing! So all of us in our tank tops and beach attire eventually broke down and bought Mexican blankets. This is a group shot of random passengers with our blankets on.

No comments:

Post a Comment