Wednesday, July 14, 2010

12 Days 'Til 30... Dinner Party & Girl Talk

 **Now that my countdown to 30 has officially begun, I've decided to do something extra special every day until I turn 30.**

Two of my fellow residents came to my new (still packed in boxes) apartment for dinner, drinks and girl talk. It was nice being in good company, especially in CT, when most of my base is still in NJ. And they didn't mind me pulling bowls and dishes and forks out of a huge packing box throughout the night.


Anne brought hand-made guacamole which was delish with the italian bread, and fresh fruit for our appetizers. Oh and the most important appetizer -- wine!


I made chicken skewers in the oven with onions and red, green and yellow peppers. I used a little seasoned salt on the chicken and McCormick's Mediterranean marinade over the fully-loaded skewer. I've never actually made chicken skewers myself before. They were tasty (if I'm allowed to compliment my own cooking). The yellow rice and carrots rounded out our plates, and we ate much, talked much and it was exactly what I needed.

By the way -- My most recent article for MSNBC's thegrio.com went up today: Cough 'sizzurp' is dangerous drug of choice for stars, youth

No comments:

Post a Comment