Friday, July 23, 2010

3 Days 'Til 30... I do!

**Now that my countdown to 30 has officially begun, I've decided to do something extra special every day until I turn 30.**

Today started out as any normal day should -- lounging at a pool at an all-inclusive resort with a swim-up bar and many waiters and waitresses happy to take your 25th (all-included) drink order. Rashonda and I in our respective posts.
We even got a little swimming in and spent time with the family:
Then, it was time for a quick change and off to the wedding. The wedding ceremony was amazing. The beautiful bride was brought in by a horse-drawn carriage. The sound of any hooves may actually make me misty for at least the next year.
Once the carriage stopped at the front of the gazebo, I couldn't contain myself. She was gorgeous. I'm already Misty Molly, but that lump in the back of throat let loose and I started pouring full-on tears all down my recently-applied makeup. This was my big cousin getting married. My closest male first-cousin, my sounding board on most things, my voice of reason some days, my inspiration on others. And he just hadn't found the right one until now. If anyone deserves the amazing woman that his bride is, it's him. And for that reason, I lost it, and most of my MAC foundation. The vows didn't help the makeup cause either. 

I can't think of a better way to approach 30 -- this journey that has left me so introspective and appreciative of life -- than to be surrounded my so much love.

Then of course, we partied the night away at the reception until Rashonda and I called it a night... no afterparty for us (Gasp... are we getting old? I don't wanna know the answer).

No comments:

Post a Comment