Thursday, May 20, 2010

Taking time out from Grey's to talk about running

I'm on a commercial break from a nail-biting Grey's Anatomy season finale... so this will be quick.

I made it to the gym today in time for my Group Power class. I was also supposed to run 2 miles according to my 10K plan.

I ran the first mile at 6.4 mph (9:22/mile) but was pretty out of breath. So, I postponed the second mile until after the Group Power class. I did the first 2 minutes at 6.4 mph, but I didn't feel like I could last the whole mile, so I turned it down to 6.2 mph.

Tomorrow, a 4-mile run is on the agenda, but I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. I haven't run that long in many weeks. I'm unsure if I can run that long. I doubt I will be able to do it on the treadmill (out of boredom), but I haven't really found a good outside route yet. Not to mention, I work tomorrow from 7:30am until 5-ish mostly standing up in the operating room. I can easily see myself losing motivation. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. i hope your 4-miler went well! even if you have to take walk breaks -- just keep moving. it'll get better :)

    i feel ya on the finale obsession... i'm doing the same thing with lost right now!

    ReplyDelete