Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Back on the Treadmill (again)

I ran today... Despite the gloomy rain.

According to my 10K training schedule, I was due to run 2.5 miles. Since I already know I can run the distance, I've been working on speed, so I upped it to 6.2mph (or 9:40/mile). It was okay until the last 5 minutes, where all of a sudden sweat started pouring down and I was huffing and counting down the seconds I had left... 32... (breathe) 31... (breathe) 30... (breathe)...

My next days to run are Thursday (2 miles and a Group Power class) and Friday (4 miles). The 5K that I may or may not run is on Sunday. I'm considering going to Zumba tomorrow night just to spice up this routine a bit. As much as I hate to say it, running is starting to feel more like a chore than fun these days.

However, I'm preparing to move in less than a month, which may help because the new neighborhood is a lot more conducive to running and is close to a park with nice trails. So there's hope for me yet.

1 comment: